A Deeper Faith

A Deeper Faith


BIBLE VERSE
“For they did not believe God or trust him to care for them.” Psalms 78:22 (NLT)


DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT
I must admit that I am guilty. I do not always believe God or trust Him to care for me. I am not being glib, I am not proud of it. And even though I deeply believe in the grace of God, I shutter when I think of God’s anger toward the Israelites for their unbelief. My unbelief goes against God’s Holy plan for mankind. My fear, because I doubt whether or not God wants to or even can care for me, flies in the face of everything God wants to do in my life. I get up some mornings and the best I can muster is, “Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.” But the amazing fact is, He hears my prayer. He knows my fears, He knows my doubts and as I commune with Him, His Holy Spirit prays on my behalf and starts to churn hope, and faith and perseverance deep into my heart. And I press on. God begins to reveal Himself and I start to believe all over again. His faithfulness is greater than my forgetfulness. His nurturing, caring, loving grace is greater than all my sin, even my unbelief. This I truly believe. Today, repent, believe and trust Him. He does care for you.


PRAYER
Father, I am so glad I can come to You in my human frailty. I ask forgiveness for my unbelief. I need You and trust You to speak to me, comfort me and guide me into a deeper faith.
AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Coriarti

Kepompong

Kepompong Issoria telah mencapai tingkat mati rasa, meskipun jarum mendorong masuk dan keluar dari kulit di punggungnya; jika dia cukup fok...